• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo

Linux Version Eta?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Steam ID:Viper

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Not atm sorry.

#22 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not atm sorry.

Is it still planned for being released?

#23 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

We are not sure at this moment.

- Valve still didnt release the code.

#24 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Probably not and for a couple of reasons: 

- Valve still didnt release the code, - The amount of work to make it happen is to long for us when you look at the amount of extra sales

If/when Valve releases the code, would you do it? It looks like L4D2 is actually still in beta, but not using the "Beta" game anymore. Or, not planned at all anymore?

If it's not planned at all anymore, would people be able to refunds?

#25 [MCA-5] Rake | Linux

[MCA-5] Rake | Linux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

When can we expect to get our money back?

#26 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

When can we expect to get our money back?

Would also like to know this. I played this game on Windows, so I don't think it'd be fair to ask for a refund, but it sounds like there are many people who bought the game because of the Linux port, which from the wording in this post and others sounded like a sure thing. 

One example is this: http://steamcommunit...47149113806509/. The link in the post is dead because of the forum switch, but considering the rest of that list appears to have been done, it seemed that this was a confirmed list of future features.

Another question is this: http://steamcommunit...51657807041055/ related to this thread: http://forums.gameco...-november-2012/

It looks that at one point, the original post included this: "After this we will move onto 7.x which will bring Linux client support to Nuclear Dawn."

#27 gutigen

gutigen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Would also like to know this. I played this game on Windows, so I don't think it'd be fair to ask for a refund, but it sounds like there are many people who bought the game because of the Linux port, which from the wording in this post and others sounded like a sure thing. 

One example is this: http://steamcommunit...47149113806509/. The link in the post is dead because of the forum switch, but considering the rest of that list appears to have been done, it seemed that this was a confirmed list of future features.

Another question is this: http://steamcommunit...51657807041055/ related to this thread: http://forums.gameco...-november-2012/

It looks that at one point, the original post included this: "After this we will move onto 7.x which will bring Linux client support to Nuclear Dawn."

Yep, I bought this game AFTER You guys promised Linux version, so give me my money back.

#28 MintyLinux

MintyLinux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Steam ID:orcustus

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yeah i bought the game after you announced it as well. I was happy as hell. So what code are you waiting for from Valve? Id get on the phone with them and say hey..we want to bring Nuclear Dawn to Linux... Please help us. I seriously think they would be more than happy to help you bring another source game to Linux. Plus many, and i mean many Linux users would love you for this.

Also, i def dont want to see my purchase go to waste. I want to play this shit. It looks bad ass. I dont do no dual booting..that's a waste of hardrive space. I want to see this on Linux!

Get Er Done!

-MintyLinux-

#29 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

As I said in the other thread, I understand the frustration but I can promise you this, we havent given up on Linux support yet. We are still awaiting Valve to release the right tools/code so we can port it over. Once that is available we will see what we can do.

#30 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

As I said in the other thread, I understand the frustration but I can promise you this, we havent given up on Linux support yet. We are still awaiting Valve to release the right tools/code so we can port it over. Once that is available we will see what we can do.

That sounds different than what was said in your previous post ("Probably not and for a couple of reasons: 

- Valve still didnt release the code, - The amount of work to make it happen is to long for us when you look at the amount of extra sales"). Why the edit change out of curiosity?

Just to clarify, as this has gotten a bit confusing to me, if/when the code comes out, then it's pretty likely that it will be released, or not so much? I hope we'll be able to see a port of this in the future

I was confused about the talk of the port, where it sounded as a sure confirmed thing, and the change between waiting on the code to apparently not interested at all. 

#31 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

We are investigating it and because of the demand we have seen on the forums and per mail we have decided to look into it and see if we can make it happen anyway :) More news hopefully soon!

#32 stickz

stickz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

We are investigating it and because of the demand we have seen on the forums and per mail we have decided to look into it and see if we can make it happen anyway :) More news hopefully soon!

this could potentially pay off... as there's few good games released for linux  :)

#33 gutigen

gutigen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

this could potentially pay off... as there's few good games released for linux   :)

Reddit power.

With free weekend, discount (tho game is cheap anyway) and reddit coverage during port release we could bring Nuclear Dawn back to life.

Linux gamers are like ex-soviet republics after USSR fall, we buy everything :)

#34 [MCA-5] Rake | Linux

[MCA-5] Rake | Linux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

If you ain't got time to work on it because of the other games or what ever you have on your plate, outsource the port, there are plenty of people who do ports now a days and it will be easier for them since the engine has already been ported, there is icculus who I believe did the Dear Ester port. there are always ways to get stuff done and if its overwhelming then get help don't just kick it to the side. I was hoping your game was going to be the first team based fps to come to linux in a long time that wasn't a ut2004 rehash. Yours is the closest thing to battlefield that actually looks fun to play in a long time. 

#35 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the nice comments and we really appreciate it :)
More news soon ;)

#36 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

More news soon ;)

What are you going to do to "make it happen anyways" out of curiosity? Have you thought about contacting Icculus or someone similar to help with a port?

#37 stickz

stickz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Reddit power.

With free weekend, discount (tho game is cheap anyway) and reddit coverage during port release we could bring Nuclear Dawn back to life.

Linux gamers are like ex-soviet republics after USSR fall, we buy everything :)

yah ik right...  bought some stupid tower defence games just for something to do on linux lol... already got killing floor, l4d2 and css, rest of the first person shooters on linux are shit or too costly.

forced to use windows for gaming, not because i want to, but because i have to. would be a practical joke trying this game on wine (considering how optimized it is)

#38 Cheeseness

Cheeseness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Steam ID:cheeseness

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

More news soon ;)

Really glad to hear that this is still on the table. I'd also like to apologise if my tweets suggesting that people voice support for a Linux version resulted in people behaving inappropriately - it was my intention for that to be a positive thing, not a negative one >_<

I shot through an email to your support address with some information on accessing the Linux ports of the Source engine If that hasn't made it to whomever it would be most helpful to, please let me know and I'll find another way to touch base :)

In regards to the value of porting, it's important to see this from more than just a sales perspecitve - especially when there are Linux gamers out there like myself who already own Nuclear Dawn. In addition to raw sales, it's worth considering the community boost that active Linux players would bring (I can't speak for other community groups, but we'd definitely set up SteamLUG servers and hold events), the extra goodwill/word-of-mouth-promotion generated from Linux players who're currently using Wine and Windows players who would appreciate less platform "lock-in", and finally the highlighted visibility and loyalty gained from cross-platform support which would benefit sales of future games.

It's not a bad thing to look at Linux support for Nuclear Dawn as an investment in the marketability of future titles - I had a hard time convincing people to support Dark Matter because they were unsure of whether a Nuclear Dawn Linux port would eventuate.

Cheese

• Spazzo likes this

#39 David

David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Anything new on this? Would like to see more information about the plans you have if possible

#40 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

If we have any updates we will post it. Nothing to post atm :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users