• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo

Question for Michiel/Viper about Dark Matter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MystressB

MystressB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Steam ID:tesliana

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hello, sorry for the direct topic title.

I learned of Dark Matter about a week ago and watched the trailer that is narrarated by the AI onboard the ship, talking about the human in cryo being it's only hope (and the AI being her only hope).  From that moment on, I wanted to buy this game!  That trailer was amazing, IMO, and made the game a definite buy.

Sadly I had to cancel my credit card and have a new one reissued which I only just got yesterday.  During that time I was unable to buy anything on Steam and during that time, the controversy over Dark Matter's ending/lack of an ending seems to have caused it to be pulled from both GOG.com and from Steam.

The thing is.. I really want to buy this game.  

I know fully well that it ends abruptly, that the game ran out of funding before it could be finished as intended.  But I don't mind!  I think Dark Matter looks like a really fun game, regardless of its abrupt ending.  I would really like to have it, however much of it is complete.  

If there is a way I can buy the game please reply or send me a PM.  Or if it will be back on Steam, please let me know here.  Thanks.  

P.S.

To anyone who plans to reply rudely or complain about the game or its ending, don't bother - I still want to own and play Dark Matter regardless of anyone else's opinion on it.

#2 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Steam ID:Viper

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

It should be back on Steam somewhere next week, we are currently fixing the ending :) 

Thank you for the nice comments!

#3 MystressB

MystressB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Steam ID:tesliana

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Excellent!  I'll be sure and purchase a copy.  

That trailer, the one I mentioned in my first post, was one of the most haunting I've seen for a game.  I love that it wasn't an overload of CGI like most trailers these days - the story seemed to come first and that's my kind of game.  

Whoever did the voiceover for that trailer did a fantastic job.  Can't wait to buy the game!

#4 Michiel

Michiel

Viper

• Admin
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Steam ID:Viper

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

DC Douglas did the voice overs ;)

#5 TargetAlpha

TargetAlpha

• Members